Friday, July 01, 2011

Sixth Fourth and SOB's

Well this Monday marks Brodey's sixth 4th of July!
When I put all the pics together it is amazing the difference each year makes! He is still the happy boy in each pic, but he is an older happier boy year after year. Here is last years.
If you have a baby this year I BEG you to start this tradition NOW! You will be so very happy that you did! I actually wanted to get him a gray t-shirt this year, but they didn't have one in his size. Oh well! I guess the gray shirt will always mark his very first 4th!
We will be headed to the lake this weekend! I'm so ready! It is gonna be HOT! Hopefully no rain although it was kind of neat to watch the fireworks last year with lightning in the sky behind it! Destiny and Jason get to hang with us, we get homemade ice cream Monday, and hopefully I will get some sort of tan. Mine is all gone. It doesn't stick around long.
I need to tell a little story before I leave you today. Sometimes when Brodey is hanging with the guys he tends to say things like darn or dang. I guess it makes him feel all tough and guy like. Sometimes Eric will say things like SOB or spell things when he is working outside or doing whatever it is guys do.
(I'm getting to the point I promise)
So the other day I was at the Scrappin Pad helping my friend Christie's daughter, Addie, make sorority gifts. I had to take Bro with me and after a while his "good" ran out. He was messing around with Addie and he says "SOB." We are all like WHAT!?!! I've heard Eric say it but never Brodey.
He says "What? What did I say?"
I'm like "Bro you can't say SOB. It's a bad word."
Christie says "Where did you hear that?"
"My Dad." He says and after I tell him he can't say it he says it a few more times and eventually forgets about it.
We go home that afternoon and he goes straight to his room and he's all quite. (Of course you moms know that that means go see what they are up to.) I sneak into his room and I see he has his Magnadoodle.
"Hey Bro whatcha doin?"
He starts laughing. I look down and this is what he has written.
So I'm laughing now.
"What in the world is that, Bro?"
He turns all serious.
"It's my naughty list. I wrote it down so I would know not to say it."
Oh man. It's sweet unless you know what a smart alec my kid is. ;)
Have a safe and fabulous fourth!
LUV APRIL :)

1 comment:

Elaine said...

April,
Bro sounds like quite a little guy, you are very lucky. Enjoy every day