Thursday, June 04, 2009

Yes I am an Oklahoman!


Kathy posted this in the forum at Just 4 Keeps and I HAD to share!
So this is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about folks from Oklahoma:
- If someone in a Lowe's store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you may live in Oklahoma
I had to LOL at this one! This has never happened to me in Lowe's, but it happens almost every time I go to Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart! My mom will be on the phone with me and she will say "is someone asking you for help again?" I'm like yep.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Oklahoma
Think about all those times we have worn a sweatshirt or jacket with shorts! Hahaha!

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Oklahoma
Okay Natalie. Do you remember when we used to prank call people in the summer and pretend like we were Santa and Mrs Claus? Remember that lady we would call and she would actually TALK to us? LMAO!!!

If 'vacation' means going anywhere south of Dallas for the weekend,
you may live in Oklahoma

How many times have I said THIS one?

If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Oklahoma
This is TOO funny because just this weekend someone asked me how far away Tahlequah was from Holdenville and I said "oh about an hour and 40 mintues." Hahaha!!!

If you say Fixin to, a walla go and ya'll because you heard it from the teacher in school, you may live in Oklahoma

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once,
you may live in Oklahoma

Um that would be my brother!

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Oklahoma
That would be my parents.

If you carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Oklahoma
That would be ME!

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph -- you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Oklahoma

If you find 60 degrees 'a little chilly, you may live in Oklahoma
Okay I just said this the other day! OMG these are so true it's scary!

If you see a tornado warning on the television but don't get too awfully excited about it until you actually SEE it coming toward you, you may live in Oklahoma

They are cattle. That's what they smell like to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-40 goes east and west, & I-35 goes north and south. Pick one.

So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000 combines that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

If that cell phone rings while a bunch of ducks are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

The 'Opener' refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

We open doors for women. That is applied to ALL women, regardless of age.

College and high school football & basketball is important here and fun to watch.

Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards -- it spooks the fish.
Okay this one had me lol so hard!

The students that go to our colleges come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at passing pickups when they come home for the holidays.

Okay sorry these were too good for me not to share! I had such a good time reading them to my mom and to Eric. I love Oklahoma!
LUV APRIL

3 comments:

Venus said...

That is hilarious and so true!!

Lisa S. said...

I Love Oklahoma, too! Yes, even though I'm originally from Connecticut, Oklahoma is my home and I can definitely relate to quite a few of those things on the list. ;)

Unknown said...

So true! Hey I made your stuffed pasta shells. And Oh My Word they are delicious. Richard loves them. I'm sure it will be something I make a lot from here on out. Thanks for the recipe!