Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Need an Intervention...

I'm addicted to French Onion Dip. It's so good. Every time I eat it I feel like I'm at a party or a baby shower. It's just so good. The very best brand is Braum's and Highland is a close second. Everything else is crap. Someone help me...
So I blame French Onion Dip for the diet I have to start next week. I need a food detox. I need a sugar detox.
Monday I made this to take to Bachelor night at Marcie's.



Yes it's good. This bread is wonderful. I got this recipe out of a Paula Deen magazine several years ago. The recipe calls for 6 very ripe bananas, but I only had 3 and it was perfect. I also had just under a cup of sour cream and it didn't matter. Everyone ate it up.
This is probably one of Eric's favorite things to eat. He says it's "like potato chips." Well it MIGHT be good dipped in French Onion Dip, but....just kidding! ;)
Here's the recipe, but don't blame me if you become addicted!

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
6 medium very ripe bananas
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1½ cups vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
4 large eggs
3½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup finely chopped pecans (optional-I use walnuts)
2 cups mini semisweet chocolate morsels

Preheat the oven to 350. Grease two 6x9 inch loaf pans.

In a small bowl mash bananas together with the vanilla.

In a large bowl combine brown sugar, oil, sour cream, and eggs. Stir until combined.

In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture, stirring until just combined.

Stir in banana mixture, ground pecans(optional), and chocolate morsels.

Pour into prepared pans and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Let cool in pans for 15 minutes. Remove from pans and cool totally on wire racks



HERE'S the link to the recipe on my Tastebook.
So...I'm not a celebrity and I wouldn't make it on Celebrity Rehab. Do you think French Onion Dip qualifies as a Strange Addiction?!? ;)
Happy Wednesday
LUV APRIL

No comments: