Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Variety Show!


It was a good day yesterday despite not feeling 100%! I meant to post this last night but I fell asleep on the couch with Brodey around 9.
Brodey's Variety Show at school was yesterday! It was sort of a talent show and it was so much fun!
Only at a smaller school can you see first graders doing a routine to "Old Time Rock n Roll" from Risky Business. They were all dressed in white button up t-shirts, sunglasses, and socks. Towards the end one of the kids slid across the stage on his knees playing a fake saxophone. It was awesome. If there had been a winner I would have chosen them. (That's also one of my favorite movies so I might be partial.)
The Risky Business routine was followed by various dances, some jokes, Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus songs, some country songs and some religious songs, a ballerina (she did a fantastic job and Brodey was most impressed by her ability to do the splits and walk on her toes), and a cute little girl that did sign language to a song. She would have won second if I was a judge.
Those type of shoes always impress me. It takes a lot of courage to get in front of an auditorium filled full of parents and peers. I had a great time at our little Variety Show!
Brodey's pre-k did a 50's type song and dance called the Peppermint Twist. SO cute!! I took the pics at the top with my camera to send to my dad. I drew him some sideburns with a black pencil and tried to gel his hair to look like Elvis. It wasn't easy, but it turned out okay! I'm not sure what he was doing in the pics but I think he was trying to act tough. Haha! He's goofy.
He did a great job dancing on stage. I thought he might get shy once he got up there but he loved it! He said "Hey mom I liked doing that Peppermint Twist thing on stage. It was pretty fun!"
The first performance was at 12 and the second was at 6:30 last night. He did a good job of dancing at the first one, but by the second one he was a dancing fool! At least I don't have to worry about stage fright! ;)
If you are a scrapbooker, cardmaker, papercrafter, or just want to know how to tie a bow, head over to my Inky Fingers blog. I shared a great video yesterday!
Well I'm off to do some laundry. It's a pretty day outside even if it's a little chilly! Our heater came on for the first time this morning! That means it's pretty cold because we sleep in a refrigerator at night!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
LUV YA!
April :)

No comments: