Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dessert: Butterfinger Cupcakes

Oh yes. You read that right. If you are on a diet do not go any further. Just close this window and walk away. If you are not on a diet you HAVE to make these!
I LOVE to cook. LOVE it. I especially love to bake. The thing is, though, I get sick of what I bake. I want maybe one cupcake after I'm done baking it and I don't want to see them again for a while. I want to see OTHER people enjoy them. That's the fun part for me! That's why only two of these little gems are staying in my fridge tomorrow when Eric takes the rest to work!
So next weekend when your kid dumps his cute little plastic jack-o-lantern full of candy out on the floor grab about 6 fun size Butterfingers when he looks away! You won't be disappointed!

Butterfinger Cupcakes

You will need:
- 1 (18.25oz) Package Milk Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 (2.1oz) Butterfinger Candy Bars OR 6 Fun Size Butterfinger Candy Bars, finely chopped
- 1 (14oz) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (12.25oz) Jar Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 1 Container Cool Whip (I used the larger one. Not sure what the ounces are)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray or line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
Prepare cake mix following package directions. Add chopped Butterfinger to batter and stir well, reserving some Butterfinger for garnishing. Pour batter into pan and bake as directed on the package.
Let cake cool for 5 minutes. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in cake in 1 inch intervals or into the center of the cupcakes, only poking halfway through the cake. (I also took toothpicks and poked holes around the outside of the cupcakes.)

Mix condensed milk and caramel topping. Pour mixture evenly over cake or pour onto cupcakes. (I had a ton of this mixture left with the cupcakes. When I make the cupcakes again I will only use half of the condensed milk and half of the caramel.)
If you are making cupcakes the topping tends to soak the cupcake liner. I just put an extra liner on each cupcake.
Spread Cool Whip on cake or cupcakes, sprinkle with crushed Butterfinger, and chill until served.


Well I hope you like them! I know Eric and Brodey did!
Let me know what you think or if you have any questions!
Hope you had a great Wednesday!
LUV YA!
April :)

No comments: