Friday, October 22, 2010

Persistence

Ever wonder what an IPhone would look like if it got ran over? Me neither...but that's what it looks like.
Eric went to the gym last night and called around 7 to say he was headed home. Around 7:30 I got worried. At 7:35 I called his phone and it went straight to voicemail. I thought it must have gone dead because if he were on the phone it would have rang THEN gone to voicemail.
About 5 minutes later the home phone rings and it comes up on the caller ID as 4 Mile Stop. (That's a quick stop about 4 miles from my house.) I'm a little freaked out thinking great is he okay? Did he get into an accident? Nope.
"Hello"
"Hey um I'm at 4 Mile and I stopped to get gas at Kum and Go in Muskogee and I put my phone on the running board of the Jeep and I forgot about it and I drove off."
I'm not at all surprised. "Well okay did you go back and look for it?"
"Yes I think it fell off at the gas station and someone got it."
I'm like "Well that is hard to believe since I just tried to call you and it went straight to voicemail. I'll bet it fell off in the road and it got ran over."
"You think?!?! Well can you call and turn it off in case someone took it?"
So I let him go and I call and disable it. I also call Kum and Go and ask them to call if someone happens to return it.
He gets home and AT&T tells him they can't track it unless he has some app on it. Surprise! He doesn't have the app.
When he gets home he looks all in his car to make sure it isn't in there and we decide to go back and look for it. Bro falls asleep in about 5 minutes and Eric looks all around Kum and Go with a flashlight and it isn't there. They are doing construction on highway 62 towards our house and I drive until a car comes and then I pull over by the cones. Eric looks all around and doesn't see it.
I drive towards home and I am so focused on the road and trying to see it I've given myself a headache. Finally at 2 mile road (over 6 miles from the Kum and Go) I think I see something.
"Hey I just saw something. I'm gonna turn around."
"Really? There's no way! Do you really think it could have stayed on the running board that long?" Says the eternal pessimist.
"Well sure I don't know why not. I'm still going to turn around."
I go to the next turn around and it isn't far enough. I go BACK to the turn around again and when I drive passed it I'm like "Well I'm not sure if that's it, but it looks like it had a flap." His phone cover is a leather case that flaps open.
So I go back to the turn around and stop in the turning lane. Eric gets out and run across the highway. I see him pick something up and he runs back to the car and he's like "Wow I can't even believe you saw that."
It was his phone! Well an annialated phone.
"Don't mess with it!!! Just put it in this bag! MAYBE they can recover your SIM card!"
We still can't believe that it rode on the car for that long OR that I even saw it. Persistance paid off! The phone doesn't work but at least we know it wasn't taken!
I have to say that this is totally typical of Eric. This is the third time he has left a phone on his car and drove off. Once the phone was lost forever and the second time he realized it quickly and it was still there. Just Monday when we went to eat in Tulsa with his brother and sister he left his phone on the table at the restaurant and I had to go back and get it. Oh and he also left his car keys in his brother's truck and I had to take him to work the next morning. It's crazy.
Sadly enough this probably won't cure his forgetfullness. I think about how many times we have found other people's things and returned them. You just have to hope if it happens again someone will be honest enough that we will get it back!
Makes me think of this quote. I love it.
People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway. — Mother Teresa

Last weekend was WAY fun! We went to a fun wedding, had some great cake and had fun with friends. We then continued the fun at Max's in Muskogee. Here are a couple of pics from the wedding.
Me and the Mr.

Me and Kelly A.K.A. Aunt Georgia! Love you Kelly!
Those are the only pics I got. I didn't want to lug the big camera around so I just took the baby camera. I should have taken more, but I'm glad I got these two! The last few times Eric and I went somewhere together we didn't get pics together! Geez I know!
Well I'm not sure what the plans are for this weekend. If there are in fact plans I don't remember what they are. ;) I know it's going to rain here so I'm sure we won't be outside! We still need to take Bro to the pumpkin patch! I haven't decided where we will be going yet.


Happy Friday!
I love you all! Have a fab weekend!
April :)

No comments: