Monday, September 13, 2010

Dinnertime: Chicken and Mushrooms

Happy Monday to ya! ;)
Chicken and Mushrooms is one of the very first dinners I started cooking and I still cook it. I cooked it last night for dinner!
In my house we LOVE mushrooms. I buy mushrooms just about every time I go to the grocery store. I can put them in many of the dishes I cook. I also slice them and put them in our salads so I usually have them on hand.
You don't have to put mushrooms in this dish if you dislike them. You can just put the onions and peppers in for flavor! I have made this when I only had onions and it turned out great! I used a red and yellow pepper in the one I photographed!
I usually pair this with mashed potatoes, Mac and Cheese(cause that's what my boys like), and some sort of vegetable like corn or squash.
This is a yummy dinner that you can add or take away whatever you want to make it your own! I have been cooking it for over 10 years and I'll be cooking it for many more to come! :)
I hope you love it too!
LUV APRIL

Chicken and Mushrooms


6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins(Thawed)
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Package of Mushrooms
1 Onion
⅓ Cup Worchestshire Sauce
⅓ Cup Soy Sauce
⅓ Cup Water
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Garlic Seasonings to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degress.

Put your thawed chicken breasts into a 9x13 inch pan. Pour in the sauces and water. Cut and wash your mushrooms and put them in the pan. Cut up the onions and pepper into larger pieces and put them in the pan.

Sprinkle the garlic seasoning, pepper, and salt over the chicken and vegatables. Be very light with the salt as the soy sauce will compensate.

If there isn’t enough juice in the pan, just add equal amounts of the sauces and water until it goes about halfway up the chicken tenderloins. During cooking, some of the juice will be soaked up by the chicken. If the juice runs too low during cooking, just add some more!

Cook chicken for about 20 minutes. Turn the chicken over and return to oven. It will take the chicken about 35-45 minutes to cook, depending on thickness. Check for doneness often during the last 10-15 minutes so the chicken doesn’t dry out.

Remove chicken and vegatables to platter and serve!

No comments: