Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Waiting...

That's what I did today. I waited. I waited on a Directv repairman that never came. He actually wasn't supposed to come but I didn't figure that out until after I had waited for four hours. Yes I know. The sweet little Mississippi boy with a southern accent did not specify that it was NEXT Tuesday between the hours of 8 and 12 that the repairman was supposed to come. At least the house is clean. I tend to clean when I wait. Don't ask me why.
For the last couple of weeks my satellite will go out randomly. Sometimes Brodey will be watching Kick Buttowski and all of a sudden we will be watching the US Open on ESPN. I'm not kidding.
I sat down for lunch the other day with my little ham sandwich to watch Real Housewives of DC and when I pressed play it immediately came up "would you like to delete this recording." OH NO YOU DIDN'T! Time to dial Directv.
I was lucky enough to get a person on the phone I could actually understand. It was kind of fun because the sweet boy that answered had a sweet southern accent with a twinge of girliness. It was fab. I totally knew he would sympathize with my screwed up recording of Real Housewives and at the time I needed some sympathy!
"Okay so this little problem has been going on for almost two weeks now. The straw that broke the camel's back was the fact that my Real Housewives of DC didn't get recorded."
He exclaims "OH NO!"
I said "Oh YES."
He says "Well my my we will have to fix THAT!"
I KNEW he would understand! He was very sweet and helpful except for when he told me the repairman would be here Tuesday but did not specify NEXT Tuesday. I even wrote it down on my calendar when he told me. But you know what? All is forgiven because my house is clean and I just enjoyed talking to him. Being nice will almost get you anywhere in life! Just like my Meme always said "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar!" Think on that! ;)
I'm sorry I've been absent the last couple of days! I have been busy...no not waiting on repairman that never show up! I've been working on layouts and we got to see Eric's mom and sister this weekend. It was good.
Well I'm going to go veg on the couch and watch World of Jenks with Eric. It's a really good show. You should record it and watch it if your satellite is working properly. Don't worry I already made sure it recorded!
I hope your Tuesday has been fab and I'm sorry this post is photoless. That annoys me but I'm too lazy tonight to dig for one that is relevant. Waiting makes me tired. ;)
LUV APRIL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally wrіting about > "Waiting..." < Liked it!

Feel free to surf to my blog post гeputatiоn management