Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quotes and Songs

Quotes. I like quotes. They are sort of like songs.
I'm not sure that everyone connects with quotes. Or songs.
I connect with both.
If I'm sad I want to hear a sad song and it somehow makes me feel better. If I'm in a great mood I want to hear an upbeat song and it makes me even happier!
There are some emotions, though, that songs can't help. I don't really have any songs on my iPod for anger, for example. If I did it would probably make me even angrier and that wouldn't be good.
To get past anger I have to rely on quotes. They don't have to be from a genius. They just have to make you go "hhmm...ok."
There are quotes that I have from my Meme. Just little things she had to have repeated a thousand times. These quotes remind me to "act pretty" even when I don't want to and that "pretty is as pretty does."
They remind me that even though at times it doesn't seem like God is paying attention...he is. No matter how "ugly" other people are acting that it's still best to remember "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Even when the offending party obviously doesn't have a Meme as wise as mine. ;)
They remind me that karma is a comforting thought. For me anyway.
"Retribution is tricky...the insult isn't usually worth the risk of punishment. And eventually one learns that karma has a surprising way of taking care of these situations. All you have to do is sit back and watch.
- Candace Bushnell (One Fifth Avenue)

They remind me to be patient because good always overcomes evil.
"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."
— G.K. Chesterton

I think that one is the one I will keep in my head as a fall asleep tonight. It has a good ring to it...don't you think?

LUV APRIL ;)

No comments: