Friday, August 08, 2008

Microscopic Seed Ticks...an Oklahoma Specialty


Okay I grew up in the country. I know, from experience, that if you want to go out in the woods you better put some Off on or you are a free ride for some fun little parasites called ticks. I stepped in a bed of seed ticks one time and I literally had hundreds of them crawling up my legs. (Sorry if you are squeamish LOL) So I assumed that when Eric said he and Brodey were going to "look for deer tracks" he sprayed them both down with Off. Well I was wrong.
Brodey, luckily, only had three on him. They were THE tiniest seed ticks I have ever seen in my life. If you look at the period at the end of this sentence, they were smaller than that. Even after Eric took a shower and checked himself, I had to check back over him and I pulled no less than 10 more off of him. I made him take ANOTHER shower and I check him AGAIN. No way do I want to find any on me tomorrow! I'm smart enough to use Off! Needless to say I'm washing the sheets tomorrow anyway!
I didn't go on the little jaunt into the woods today, but Eric did bring back a little story. He had told Brodey they would go into the woods to look for deer tracks after they ate dinner. All during dinner that's all Brodey could talk about. So finally they go and Eric said he didn't see one. So Brodey wouldn't be bummed he decided to make his own deer track. Brodey was right behind him so he tried to sneak and grab a stick and he drew a deer track in the dirt. Brodey came up behind him and Eric said "Look Brodey it's a deer track."
Brodey went looking for his own stick. Found one and said "Look Daddy I can draw a deer track too!"
HAHAHAHA!!!! I laughed so hard at this. Eric thinks he is SO sly and he underestimates Brodey's intelligence sometimes. This was just another perfect example of how smart 2 and a half year olds are. Eric said he felt so dumb. I thought it was hilarious! Guess we have our work cut out for us come Christmas! ;)
Today was such a nice day! It feels so good outside right now! It makes me think of fall coming and what in the world are we going to do this winter? It's kind of nice because we have our little morning routine. When we get up the kitty cats are waiting outside the door for us. We always go outside and feed the cats first. The raccoon eats all the food at night and so they are ready for breakfast in the morning! After that I do maintenance on the pool and I water the plants. Brodey usually plays with the kitty cats and plays on his swingset. It's going to be so sad when I have to take the plants in and it's too cold to go outside. We are going to have to get bundled up just to feed the cats! It's kind of depressing! I'm racking my brain trying to think of things for us to do! I think Brodey looks forward to our morning as much as I do! :(
Okay it's only 12, mother-in-law's here, and I'm going to finish a layout! Who knows what we are doing tomorrow! I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Have a good night!
LUV APRIL

1 comment:

The Christenson's said...

OH NO! Ticks!! Ick! It makes me squirm to think about that. Spiders and ticks...I just can't do it.
And that is hilarious about Brodey catching Eric drawing the deer track. LOL