Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Your WHAT did WHAT!?!

That is what my mom says when I tell her what happened tonight.
So Brodey and Eric went to see the dogs and I decided to vacuum. Vacuums make Eric nervous..I know don't ask. So I waited until they left. Thank goodness.
I was on my knees vacuuming under the couch cushions and the vacuum EXPLODED. I mean really exploded! The back part that releases back with the handle on it slams back and hits me right in the head! Then the stupid thing is going nuts, shaking, smoking, and making a terrible sound. As soon as I stand up the posessed vacuum whacks me in the knee. I wasn't sure if I should unplug it or turn it off. I was kind of scared of it! I had to actually flip it over to get to the switch because it was going NUTS! I wish I had it on video! I got it turned off and I was shaking so bad! Smoke was everywhere and it had that horrible electric burn smell. All could think was THANK GOODNESS Eric and Bro weren't in there! LOL They would both have a fear of vacuums for the rest of their life!
When Eric got in I told him what happened. I really don't think he would have believed me if I hadn't had a red and bruising knee, a knot on my head, and a stinky living room! Do these things happen to other people? I think I ask myself that question at least a couple of times a week! Then after I ask myself I ask my mom. She says probably not. So the vacuum is out in the garage. At least I'll get a new one out of the ordeal!
One of the things I love about Tahlequah is Bear Creek that runs through town. It's so cool. It's a pretty and clear creek. It's shallow in most areas and there is a park on it in town. Kids get in all the time. The current is pretty swift, but it's only about up to Brodey's knees or thighs in most parts. There is a restaurant on it called Town Branch. You can sit outside and it overlooks the creek. We ate there on Friday and we took Brodey to the creek afterwards.
Brodey was dying to get in so we let him. I usually make sure I have a towel in the car before we go. It had been raining alot lately and that cools the water down quite a bit. It was about half a second and he came running right back out! LOL "It's COLD!!!!" he said. It was so funny! UNTIL he kicked his Croc off into the creek. Eric's pansy butt wasn't about to go in after it so who do you think got to? ME! Luckily I had a dress on and flip flops. Luckily the show got stuck on a rock or I would have been running down the bank after it! The water was freezing cold. My legs felt like icicles. So much for my clean shave!
After the little jaunt in the creek we headed to good 'ole Wal-Mart. I am not kidding when I say every single time I go into that place at least one person I have never met before in my life comes up and talks to me. Every time. I have a perfect track record. This night not one but TWO elderly men asked me where something was. They were very nice, but I can't figure out why they do this.
Sunday I went BACK to Wal-Mart with Madyson to get some things before she went back to her dorm room. The greeter lady just strikes up a conversation with me. Okay. Yes I'm sure her great grandson are a hoot, but why do you want to tell me?
Then today a lady in the produce sections asks me what she should substitute jalepenos for. What? She's twice my age! Why would I know that? That's too bad that when your recipe actually calls for jalepenos they aren't to be found! But why ask me what to substitute them for?
I'm not trying to be mean! I promise! I really don't mind. People walking by always look at me and smile that smile like "Do you know that person?" I'm usually not in a hurry so I don't mind! But why do people talk to me? Lost kids somehow always find me. I can tell anyone where something is! I can reach most things on the shelf for you. I just think it's so funny. I need a reality show. Then people would believe me!
Okay enough. I'll stop now and go to bed. Hopefully my parents will get to come and see us tomorrow. I'm going to kidnap them so we will have visitors all the time! Okay I'm kidding....sort of.
Goonight!
LUV APRIL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I blew my vacuum up using it on my new carpet at our new house. It was crazy acting! The new carpet has lots of lint stuff that burns up the motors. Richard got me a Dyson vacuum that's way expensive but completely worth it. Not one single ounce of trouble and no stupid bag to dump.
I think when people talk to you in Walmart or other places it because you have a special gift of being approachable. That's a great thing. It happens to us a lot and its because we are just happy people. Oh and I thought Eric would grow out of that pansy stage eventually...hehe